Blue Palm’s airbrush tanning clients have been featured in red-carpet events, magazines, newspapers, and other high-profile events all over the United States.
All Blue Palm airbrush technicians are Master certified by the best sunless application and education in the country. Norvell certified technicians are held to the highest standards in the industry and require additional yearly educational classes in order to maintain the certification.
We offer FOUR unique solutions to achieve your airbrush glow
- Organic Glow
- Rapid Rinse & Glow™ Original
Information and pricing can be found on our online booking application. See our FAQ’s below for additional questions.
Life’s A Party, & So Are Our Glows!
Packages are available to minimize cost and airbrush parties are available for bridal parties and “Girls Nights In.” Please contact the salon at (302) 376-8040 to book yours today!
Maximize Your Results
We are delighted that you have chosen Blue Palm for your spray and airbrush tanning experience! Listed below are the guidelines that we have compiled to provide you with a long-lasting, glowing tan and we encourage you to follow them diligently to make the most out of your experience.
For Best Results:
- Shave your legs and thoroughly exfoliate your entire body the night before your airbrush-tanning service. In exfoliating, it allows for a more even coverage in your airbrush tan application. After having done so, moisturization is key. To maintain a glowing tan, you must make hydrating your skin second nature. If you have relatively healthy skin, a basic lotion application will work just fine. If, however, you have exceptionally dry skin, we recommend preparing for your service in the days prior to your appointment with 2-3 lotion applications a day. A well-moisturized body will avoid a quick-fading airbrush tan. Take caution in over-hydrating your skin on the day of your airbrush tan service to avoid splotchy results. Allow several hours prior to the service for your last lotion application to soak in.
- Make sure your face is free of make-up at the time of your session with us. Cleanse your skin prior to your service for an evenly applied facial airbrush-tanning application.
- Please be sure to remove any deodorant or perfume from your body as that can also have an effect on the coverage of the airbrush tan.
- Tight-fitted clothing is not recommended for wearing to your airbrush tanning appointment. Jeans, boots, tights, etc can distort the consistency of your airbrush tan with splotchy results. Socks and close-toed shoes should also be avoided in the hours following your service. We encourage you to wear loose-fitting clothing and flip flops to your service.
- Some clients may choose to wear under-garments. It is not mandatory (unless under 18 years of age or male) but, we encourage you to wear as little or as much as you need to feel comfortable and confident while receiving your airbrush tan. If, however, you choose to adorn under-garments throughout your airbrush tanning experience, we recommend wearing dark-colored fabrics to avoid any visible staining that may occur.
- Rule of thumb: 18 to 24. There should be no sweating for 18-24 hours and no showering for 18-24 hours after receiving your airbrush tan. Both of these activities can affect the longevity of your tan. The longer you leave the initial tanning solution on, the better.
- Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different. The full extent of your desired airbrush tan shade may take up to 24 hours to be reached. Give it time to settle in to your skin before choosing to layer your airbrush tan.After you have received your treatment, we recommend you avoid shaving for 24 hours. When you do shave, do so lightly with a new and fresh blade.
- Keep in mind that when you take your rinse (after the recommended 18-24 hours), you will inevitably see some of the cosmetic bronzers wash off. It’s normal for the initial solution to rinse off- leaving behind a glowing, natural-looking tan.
As far as maintenance for your airbrush tan after your service, here are a few tips to ensure longevity:
– Moisturize on a regular basis
– Avoid long exposures to hot showers and/or baths as this tends to fade your tan
-After bathing, pat your body dry with a towel as opposed to excessive and harsh rubbing
-Avoid swimming pools and saltwater
Here are a few products/items that we recommend to avoid using around the time of your airbrush tan to ensure it’s longevity:
Any and all Dove Products
Anti-aging products or AHA’s
Beta Hydroxy Acids-salicylic acid
Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel
Anti-acne products(Accutane, salicylic acid)
Facial masks and scrubs
Pore cleansing facial strips
Bleach products for body hair
Hot tubs, chlorine and salt water
*These are basic guidelines to help you achieve the best results through our airbrush tanning services. Any other questions that we have not answered here may be directed to your airbrush technician.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Who could benefit from this service?
A: Anyone! All of our technicians are certified to bring you a customized all-natural solution based airbrush tan that is compatible with your skin type to leave you glowing for any special event or even every-day wear.
Q: What can I expect from the procedure?
A: Norvell is designed to create the same reaction to your skin that you receive from sun-tanning but, without the UV rays. The solution is airbrushed onto your body by one of our certified technicians for a flawless finish.
Q: Am I gonna turn orange?
A: As a sunless tanning consumer, one of your main concerns about your airbrushed tanning service may be turning orange. Norvell is an all-natural solution that is free of dyes, which can leave that harsh orange tint. With Norvell, you can expect a long-lasting natural-looking tan that is customized to your skin type.
Q: Is it safe?
A: Norvell consists of DHA (Dihydroxyacetone), which is the active ingredient in the all-natural solution. DHA has been approved by the FDA for over 30 years. Our technicians have gone through rigorous training and certification courses to ensure that your spray-tanning service with us if safe and effective.
Q: How long does it take?
A: We like to accommodate you in a timely manner, so our certified staff has combined quality with efficiency to be able to complete the process in as little as 3-10 minutes from start to finish.
Q: Can it ruin my clothes?
A: The all-natural Norvell tanning solution is a fine-misted, water-based solution that is free from permanent dyes. While the service is designed to allow for plenty of drying time, be aware that the solution washes easily our of your garments if it does indeed come into contact with your clothing. Once your tan has had 18-24 hours to fully develop and the initial solution has rinsed off in your shower, you are left with a beautiful tan that will not rub off on clothing or other surfaces.
Q: How long can I expect the airbrush tan to last?
Taking several factors into account, the main one being skin hydration, the average duration of your spray tan can be anywhere from 5-10 days. Moisturization very important to extend the life of your tan.
Q: Why choose airbrush tanning?
A: Typical spray tanning booths have been known to produce poor results because they are not specifically modified to the clients skin type. Besides the obvious benefit of UV-free tanning, airbrush tanning provides a customized application that can leave you without concern of streaking or turning too orange.
Q: DHA- what is it?
A: Dihydroxyacetone is the active ingredient in sunless tanners. DHA reacts with the amino acids in the top layer of skin to make bronze-colored melaninoids.
Q: I have rosacea, vitiligo, heavy scarring or stretch marks: can I benefit from spray-tanning?
A: Norvell spray-tanning is a great solution for all of the above. Flare-ups from rosacea, and vitiligo can be beautifully blended throughout the airbrush service. To maintain this flawless finish, you may need to airbrush tan as often as every other day, depending on skin color. Even though airbrush tanning can be beneficial to recipients with scarring or stretchmarks, keep in mine that the newer the scar or stretchmark, the less tanner it absorbs. As they age and heal over time, they will begin to disappear into the airbrush tan.